Saturday, September 5, 2009

Reading on Cancer

I have been reading a lot on breast cancer and cancer.
I read so much that I went through it all – thinking I could get it, thinking I couldn’t eat such and such and not get it, or that I could eat something and not get it, etc. Then I reached a point where no article mattered.

What you eat or not, whether you are old or young, it doesn’t matter. A perfectly healthy person like Lance Armstrong could get cancer. As recent reports show, a 103-year-old woman in Mumbai developed breast cancer, for the second time! So there’s really nothing about age also.

It’s been some time now since I stopped getting affected by journalistic articles about cancer, unless it’s about research or a new treatment.

But having seen a person I love suffer so much, there is one thing that I can say. As far as possible, one must try and lead a healthy lifestyle. There’s no need to get obsessed and eat or not eat certain kinds of food. But one should take care and not eat or drink in excess what common sense tells us could be harmful. Like alcohol, or too much fried food, or too much sugar. Along with this, one only needs to exercise a bit regularly.

Watching one’s diet and exercising is not just to avoid cancer. It will obviously help steer oneself from certain other diseases.

The bottom line is, let’s not worry. But let’s keep an eye on ourselves.
As for the articles, don’t let them get to you.

1 comment:

Gia Fernandes said...

Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!
This is a great initiative and I support you all the way. Way to go girl!

(((((HUGS))))

No matter who or what or which or where happens I will always be your first..........Yippee!